Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st

Well it's March 1st, that means another RPM Challenge has come and gone without me. I haven't done anything since my marathon bass recording afternoon last Tuesday. I am now officially behind last year's pace. I went to alonetone.com today and looked at the massive number of users uploading their finished projects and I actually felt a little jealous.

I will finish... someday. Then again I am still saying that about the 2007 and 2008 challenges. Someday.

Speaking of music there are a few shows that are either on the horizon or in the rumor mill that have me wanting to go hear some live music. I mentioned Jeff Beck the other day. That show is on a kid night in April so it's not going to happen. Paul McCartney has released a number of dates, mostly out west, and we have been lead to believe there may be a Boston show in the works. Jen and I are huge Beatles fans and would love to see Paul again. Jen's mother is a bigger Beatles fan than either of us and wants to go and get the best seats possible. Even bigger than Paul (to me at least, maybe not to Jen or her mother) is the rumored summer Rush tour. I haven't missed Rush on a tour since 1987 and I don't care if I have to go without food for a couple of weeks, I am going to see them on the next tour too.

I wonder if I'll be able to sneak my huge Nikon D90 into a Rush show the way Jen snuck our Casio as-small-as-a-credit-card camera in to two Rush shows last tour.

What else can I write about that I haven't already? Oh yeah, the weekend!

On Saturday we paid a visit to Mike and Tammmy's house. It was the four of us, the three of them, and Larry, Nawal, their baby, and Nawal's mother. We played Wii, we ate a great dinner, we had a great dessert, and we all enjoyed hanging out together. Speaking for myself, I had a really good time.

Sunday we had Jen's mom and step father over. They lost electricity during last week's storms and only just got it back tonight (finally!). They came over to use our shower and our washer/dryer. Jen made a wonderful spaghetti lunch/dinner and then took her daughter to a birthday party. The rest of us stayed home to watch the Olympic gold medal hockey game and the pain is still fresh so I ain't going there.

Next weekend there is a rumored game night on Saturday but there are no details yet. On Sunday we have been invited to a Moroccan dinner at Larry and Nawal's. Nawal promised to make something for Mike in exchange for helping with some heavy lifting while their house was being redecorated. On Sunday she pays up and we have been invited to join them. There is also talk of trying to get out to see Avatar (finally) in an IMAX theater. I am hoping that happens.

In the mean time... the Bruins are back, I have a couple of new C#/.net books to pour through, I have hopes of getting up early and recording some rhythm guitar parts (never say die!), and just generally spending time with the woman I love more than I've ever loved anything or anyone in my entire life (combined!).

And that my friends is the state of the Robert as it stands tonight.

Thanks for coming and don't forget to tip your waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment