Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rush is Coming this Summer

We've known this for a while now, but I think this is the first time we've gotten this much specific information out of a member of Rush.

Read this post from Rushisaband.com

The one aspect that seems to be waffling a little isn't the pre-album tour, but whether or not there will be pre-album tour music released. Some of the talk from band members has seemed to indicate that they want to get a couple of songs down and release them, possibly as a downloadable single or something, then hit the road for a short tour, then go back into the studio and finish off a full album.

I am thinking that part of me would prefer to not have new music for sale before this summer's tour. I think it would be cool to hear new songs on stage before hearing them on record. I have in the past suggested that maybe the coolest option would be to record an album's worth of brand spankin' new stuff live. I've always wanted to hear bands do that but I seem to be one of the only people on Earth who do. REM recorded big chunks of an album on stage, but I think it was during sound checks. King Crimson tried it once back in 1974 I think but ended up overdubbing quite a bit over most of the songs. I think Tanya Donnelly is the only artist I can think of who really did it.

Maybe Rush could follow her lead?

Rush tour this summer kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment