Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Out of Order

It's usually Jen who calls me to tell me there is traffic trouble.

Over the last couple of months Jen has been getting out the door to work before me. Every now and then I'll get a phone call as I'm walking out the door telling me to avoid a some section of some road. These days much of our routes to work are similar, so whoever gets out first can give a heads up to trouble spots to the other. It works out nicely when things on the roads are bad.

Today somehow I ended up leaving first. Sure enough, right about the time route 93 reached route 495 there was a traffic jam. I was finally able to call Jen and return the traffic report favor.

It turned out to be this
photo

and the back up wasn't all that long. Still, she managed to get around it. I hope I helped.

In other news, most of the NHL gets back in business tonight. The Bruins play the Evil Ones (Montreal) at 7:00. The trade deadline is tomorrow and I fear that the Bruins will be silent this year. The general manager has been talking about making changes ever since the early days of the 10 game losing streak yet somehow nothing ever happened. Now that he's down to the last 30 hours or so I sort of expect the nothing to continue. I don't know what the issue is but I have two guesses. Either our GM is over confident about the abilities of his seventh place team, or he's too nervous to pull the trigger on a big deal. My hunch tells me the biggest move we'll see is a mid level draft pick traded for a third line player, or something like that. Prove me wrong Peter. Prove me wrong.

It looks like Jen's office has shut down access to Google Talk again so I logged into Google Wave for the first time in a while. I seem to have a bunch of new contacts and I haven't a clue who any of them are. Interesting.

Now I will leave you with two songs from Phineas and Ferb.

Evil Love Song:


Somebody Give Me a Grade:

No comments:

Post a Comment