Sunday, March 21, 2010

Two Unrelated Items of Note

Here are two little items of personal note that I want to share with the masses known as the internet.

First:

My wife is the hardest working human in the development business. Her boss should absolutely promote her and give her the title "Queen of Software Engineering." Then she will have a title at work that is similar to the one she has at home, "Queen of everything I love and hold dear."

I'm not being cute. I am serious. The work she does is outstanding. No one works harder, no one accomplishes as much. She's a dynamo. She's amazing. She is the Queen of all.

Now for the second item. No one on Earth will give a flying leap about this one other than me... and I'm the one with the account here so I am posting it. Neener Neener Neener and all that.

I've managed to sneak off and work on my RPM Challenge (currently 21 days overdue) twice this weekend and I now have all 10 rhythm guitar parts recorded. It's sloppy and there are mistakes sprinkled throughout, but I don't care. No one is going to listen to it any way, I just need to get the point across, right?

I still need to write lyrics and melodies for all 10 songs... you know... the hard parts? Then I need to record vocals and guitar leads and mix the whole crappy thing. Then I will be done.

Last year I took care of all lyrics, melodies, and voices on (I think) March 5th. It was the NHL trade deadline. That means I am approximately 16 days behind last year's pace, and last year I finished about six weeks late.

My annual album in a month project is becoming my annual album in three months project.

Still... I WILL finish this sucker. I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment