Friday, March 12, 2010

UMass Lowell Commencement Address

Do you remember who gave the Commencement Address when you graduated from College?

Neither do I... she was a writer... I think... lots of research rings a bell... I don't know.

This year my alma mater is having the Commissioner of the National Football League, Roger Goodell, give the address. Wow. Really sad I am going to miss that one. I'm sure he'll have lots of interesting anecdotes about... ya know... Football.

Yeah. Interesting stuff. Especially when you consider that UML paid a shit-ton of money to build a football field and then canceled the football program. Yippeee.


ADDENDUM: Google came through for me. It was harder to find the answer than I thought, but this UML news page had the following quote:

"Best-selling author Barbara Ehrenreich will deliver the address when the University of Massachusetts Lowell hosts it annual commencement ceremony..."


And from wikipedia we get this: Barbara Ehrenreich

I remember enjoying the speech, I just don't really remember anything about it. It kinda came and went.
END ADDENDUM

No comments:

Post a Comment