Saturday, March 20, 2010

Take Me to the River... Again

I was driving on Osgood Street in Methuen today and decided to take River Street to avoid going through the huge intersection with 113 and Pelham Street.

Fascinating, I know.

So there I was on River Street and there to my left was... ya know... the River. So I stopped for some pics.

I can't say if the river looks all that high here, but it sure looked really high everywhere else I saw it so I am going to assume that it looks high here too.

The downed tree that crosses the entire river is the reason I stopped. Look at all the pictures I didn't take of it.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 009

I focused on the water through the trees using autofocus. Thank you D90 and your eight billion point autofocus.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 005

Was that tree down in the water before this past storm? I don't know.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 002

I love the goldish color of the water.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 012

A wider... crappier view.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 015

Totally unrelated...

One of the places in town I've wanted to take pictures of but never got around to is the train station on Railroad Street. I just happened to be parked behind it this morning so I took a few quickies. I want to get it from the front, but I didn't have time today. This'll do for now.
2010-03-20 - More Spicket 018

2010-03-20 - More Spicket 024

2010-03-20 - More Spicket 021

I did this after getting my hair cut. That's how I spent the first part of my morning on the first day of Spring. A bad hair cut and a few bad pictures.

Now the Mrs and I are going to hang out and be lazy for the rest of the day. Sounds like the best plan ever.

Happy Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment