Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

My beautiful wife is still feeling sick. She's been fighting a bad cold since Saturday night and is staying out of work for the second day in a row. I very much want her to feel better.

IMGP7593

Please continue to send her get well thoughts. She can use them.

**Subject Change**

Apparently today is the day that the weather is officially nice enough for road crews to start deploying onto the side streets in their ceaseless effort to gum up traffic everywhere. I saw four of them this morning. They were all in Concord, MA so maybe it's just that one town that let the crews off the leash today, but if one town does it you know that more will follow.

**Subject Change**

Three years ago today Boston (both the town and the rock band) lost Brad Delp.



A couple of weeks ago I had iTunes up on my desktop at home. I had walked away from my computer and my step daughter was taking a look at my playlists. The kids take piano lessons and I was being a nerd and playing them some examples of a couple of my favorite keyboard players (Rick Wakeman & Keith Emerson).

When I walked back into the room she had clicked on my Boston playlist and selected "Rock and Roll Band". Turns out she knew the song from playing Rock Band. I told her that her mother knew the guy singing and she was very impressed. I now have two Brad Delp stories (the other one had to do with him walking into a bar in Billerica in ohhhh 1992 or '93 or so and having the whole crowd hush with awe as Boston music royalty deemed them worthy of his presence) and this new one is by far the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment