Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally Up to Date



Almost didn't make it though.

I ordered the Dead Like Me direct to DVD movie, "Life After Death" prior to it's release on February 17, 2009. Amazon shipped it that day and I had it in my mitts a few days later. I did not, however, actually watch it then. I put it down somewhere in the living room and waited for a good opportunity to sit down with the Soon-to-Be Mrs and watch the foul-mouthed post-mortem goodness.

Last night the time had come. Jenny was feeling very sick, sick enough to stay out of work, and we weren't going to be doing anything strenuous or requiring thought... so Dead Like Me sounded perfect!

Unfortunately it was also missing in action. I looked where I put it when I took it out of the delivery box... nope. I looked on top of the DVD rack... nope. I looked on the bookcase, where DVDs tend to congregate... nope. Where the hell was it? I needed my Reaper Fix!

Finally I found it. Somehow it had migrated to behind the playstation. How it got there I will never know. Honestly I don't care. I popped it in to watch it, sat down with dinner while Jen was on the couch looking at real estate listings online, and I watched it.

I'm not good at writing reviews beyond saying it was good or it wasn't. This wasn't great. It wasn't terrible though. I expected it to be terrible. No Rube? It's going to be terrible. It wasn't funny enough, although there were a few laughs. Too much drama in the dramedy. They wrapped up George and Reggie very nicely. It was nice to see that. It also answered the seemingly unanswerable question, "How do you kill some one who is already dead?" My main beef was that I just couldn't get behind the new Daisy. She just wasn't good. I want more Dead Like Me direct to video releases, I just want to the old Daisy back. I'm sure the new actress (I am way to lazy to look up anyone's names right now) is a nice enough person and all, and I'm sure in the right role she'd be awesome... just not this one, thanks.

I would suggest anyone who likes offensive humor laced with eff-bombs should check out the two seasons worth of Showtime episodes before checking into the movie. The show itself was better, but the movie does fit in pretty well. Even if there is no Rube.

Today we are sick. Jen is much sicker than I am, but we are both under the weather. I hope my sweetie feels better soon. I hate to see her feeling bad. Get well Jenny. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment