Sunday, March 1, 2009

RPM is Over... but...

Welcome to March 2009.

We're about to get absolutely clobbered by a snow storm. Yip-freakin'-eee.

RPM officially ended at midnight this morning, although mail submissions to the headquarters will be accepted with March 2nd postmarks.

But officially it's over, and once again I came up short. I was much closer than I've ever gotten though and I enjoyed it.

However, unlike past failures I am not quitting. I was up at 5:30am today recording rhythm guitars for lame songs #4-8. The last two will be done tomorrow and then I have to start the agony of writing lyrics and melodies so I can record them on my vacation day on Wednesday. After that it's 7,963 guitar solos (saving the most fun part for last this time) and then bad mixing.

Over the summer I am buying a Mac Mini because my ADAT has had it. I keep having to re-record parts because of occasional bursts of extraneous noise that magically appears on the track. It's annoying.

I might also try to re-record these 10 songs at some point in the future with a real drummer and a real bass player and maybe even a real singer. That'd be cool.

For now though... ADAT, Pod, direct inputs, and bad singing...

...and for this immediate moment... Time to Make Waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment