Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am Officially an Apple Fanboy

My first computer was an Apple 2e.

When I was a student/employee at Northeast Broadcasting School in Boston I used a Mac. I don't know anything about the unit itself, but I think it was running System 7.

When I was at Middlesex Community College I took an elective that I think was called Intro to Computers that basically taught you the basics (used basic twice there... now three times) of office packages. They used Clarris Works (been a while, did I spell that right?) which meant I lived on the Mac side of the computer lab.

When I was at UMass Lowell (the second time... computer science, not music) working in Dr. Canning's Systems Lab I needed to be able to edit audio easily so while everyone else got a Linux box on their desk, I had a Mac.

Since graduating in 2004 I haven't been much of an Apple guy.

iTunes for Windows and the iTunes store changed that somewhat. My first iPod (2 gig nano) changed that a little more. The second iPod (30 gig video) changed it some more. The third iPod (80 gig classic) changed it even more. The iPhone however has found me firmly back on the Apple wagon. I haven't used Jen's macbook much, but I have used it enough to feel good about life just having it in our house, and it (and garage band... and my quickly becoming ancient ADAT setup) has pretty much sealed the deal that at some point in 2009 I will personally own an Apple computer. (I was thinking about burying a macmini in the cellar with my musical stuff. Jen thinks I should go for the full iMac experience, but if I go with a real system I want to be able to cart it to the cellar easily, so that would probably mean getting the next generation of macbook.)

Today however I found out just how much of an apple fanboy geek I am.

I saw a twitter post that said Apple will be previewing iPhone OS 3 on Wednesday March 17th.

I started to drool.

I went to search.twitter.com and saw "iPhone OS 3" at the top of the list of trending topics. Most of the tweets referenced this article from engadget.com.

The overactive imagination immediately took over. What will it include? Multi-media messaging? Copy and Paste functions? Video recording?

Probably none of the above... but I'm still drooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment