Monday, March 16, 2009

Weird Morning

This morning was a weird one. I guess seeing as it's only about 9:00am it is still a weird one, but the weirdness appears to be over... I hope!

For the sixth consecutive business day morning my alarm went off at 5:00am and I failed to drag myself out of bed to work on my ridiculously late RPM project. I am so close, yet so far.

Each night I set the alarm for 5:00 knowing that I will be getting up (after maybe a 10 minute snooze) and heading down to the basement to work on finishing up the recording. I am 100% sure that I will do it. I pump myself up a little. I cheer for myself, "Let's go Rob! Let's go Rob!" but when that alarm inevitably goes off the next morning... I might hit snooze once, believing that my 5:00 appointment with music is only being pushed off to 5:10. But then at 5:10 I reset the alarm to 6:00 and go back to sleep.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will get up. I promise!

This morning was a little different though. I just couldn't wake up. I can't remember the last time waking up was such a struggle. I popped awake a couple of times during the night (stupid leg cramp) but generally slept really well. I just couldn't come around this morning. I was on such a good roll getting up early. I hope I can get back on it. The plan once the recording is done is to go back to my older unfinished recording projects and start finishing those suckers off. Also, with weight watchers in full swing I am hoping to do a little exercising before work too. I need to cross over the lazy bridge and get back to the self motivated shore.

(thank you Talladega Nights.)

Wedding planning plans for this week: Print out the reception cards, finish up the registry, start stuffing invitation envelopes. Throw in a weight watchers meeting and Rob's insatiable need to follow the imploding Boston Bruins and you have a pretty full week.

Now get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment