Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Did Hell Just Freeze Over?

Last night at about 9:40 or so I went upstairs to our bedroom and quietly said to my wife, "Sweetie I'm sorry, but there are going to be at least four more Bruins games this year."

I cannot believe that the Bruins have advanced to the Conference Semi-Finals. I am in a state of shock and awe. Last night's game was awesome. Back and forth, high tempo, lots of scoring chances. Just a lot of fun to watch, although the Bruins have a nasty habit of making things hard on themselves. Watch the highlights. I thought the first Sabers goal was the result of the dumbest play I'd ever seen in my life, only to see an even dumber play on the second Sabers goal. I think Wideman and Ryder should get assists for the hard work they put into those two goals.



So now we have to wait until Wednesday to see who wins game seven between the Washington Capitals and the Montreal Canadiens. Far be it from me to ever root for Montreal, but if they win we'll have home ice advantage against Philly in the next round. If they lose we'll be the lower seed against Pittsburgh. Both opponents are going to be tons of trouble for us. I definitely prefer to see Philadelphia, although my feelings on their competence have changed 180 degrees after the way they handled New Jersey. Hopefully everyone is saying the same thing about the Bruins right now.

Tuukka Rask is the man. Just have to say that publicly.

In other, equally important, news: Today the pre-sale for tickets to the 9/14/10 Rush show at the TD Garden in Boston begins. It starts in 39 minutes. I am ready. I need to get three tickets. One for Jen, one for Mike, and one for me. Then I can amp up my excitement to the next level. I might load a bunch of Rush bootlegs onto my iPod and start freaking out five months in advance.

We also changed our hotel reservations in Florida because we are expecting to get there a day earlier than we had originally thought. We are going to leave much earlier in the day, and we are going to have Jen's parents with us. That's two extra drivers. We should be able to eat up quite a bit more miles each day.

I can't wait for Rush.
I can't wait for the 2nd round.
I can't wait for Florida.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment