Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Success

Yeah, we did it. We hosted Easter for my parents and Jen's parents and we got through the day without burning anything down or blowing anything up. I call that a success.

We have one little issue that comes up whenever we have anyone over for dinner. We make waay too much food. There were eight of us yesterday and we could have fed 20. I'm not complaining. We're going to get to have excellent ham dinners for the next week at least. Everything was excellent and it will continue to be as left overs for the next 5-10 days or so. But, damn there was a lot of food! Better to have too much then not enough, right? So maybe it's not an issue at all.

Jen's folks brought two iPads with them. Woah. Jealous! They bought them on iPad day Saturday. Jen and I both want one. But... we're going to hold off for a while. We won't buy just one, we'll get one for each of us, and I am still thinking it would be better to wait for a revision or two before we start shelling out the money. Also, the price could always come down. That would be a good thing too.

Sports news: The Bruins are in seventh place by virtue of a tie breaker. Boston and Philadelphia are tied with 84 points. The Rangers are in ninth with 82 and Atlanta is in 10th with 81. Two of those four teams will make the playoffs. Two won't. (that's assuming Montreal, in sixth with 86 points doesn't have a monumental collapse in the next few days)

In the AHL, the Lowell Devils are in the fourth and final Atlantic Division playoff spot with a two point lead over Bridgeport and three games to go. My step son asked me when we were going to get to go to another Devils game. Maybe if they make the playoffs we'll go to another game. They've never made the playoffs before, so that might be worthy of a little celebration.

The 2010 Major League Baseball season is now officially underway. Finally, the quest to erase the taste of last year's first round playoff sweep at the hands of the Angels is on, and the Red Sox kick it off in style with a come back win against the Yankees. When we went to bed last night the Sox were down 4-1. I thought I was going to write about how our perfect Easter Sunday was soiled by the f@$#%&g Yankees. Nope, the good guys saved the day. One game down, 161 to go... and we're in 1st place! WOOHOO

One more important thing to mention this morning, and it's far and away the most important of all.

Three years ago today I did something smart. I don't often do smart things, so this was a bit of an abnormality on my part. Three years ago today, Jen and I went on our first date. Magically, I didn't do anything to spoil it or ruin things for her. Incredibly, she wanted to see me again. From that day on, all things worked out correctly and now we are quickly approaching our first wedding anniversary.

I love you Jen. Thank you for an amazing three years. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment