Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally Friday

First: The trailer for the Rush documentary, which debuts at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York, can be found here. http://music.msn.com/video/music/?g=42fbdc32-f1f2-4e81-b504-7e760a21f0e1

There, now that you've watched that and can't wait to see it and can't wait for the tour, and can't wait for the expected new song or two to be released... somehow, and can't wait for the new album, we can move on.

So what was it that got me stuck in about 40 minutes of traffic on route 93 South this morning? Oh, a pothole? Yeah, that makes sense.

A POT HOLE????

I had a rough night sleeping last night. At a little before midnight Jen woke me up to try and get my to stop snoring. Yeah, I snore. Some nights it's worse than others, but it's always bad. Last night was really bad, I guess. At first she asked me to sleep on the couch... that's how bad it was last night... but then decided to let me just sleep on the other side of the bed. That seemed to work. She didn't wake me up again.

Karma bit me on the ass though. My step son had a nearly unbroken string of nightmares last night. Twice he came into our room scared. After switching sides with Jen, I was the one closest to the door. >insert smile here< If Jen was having trouble sleeping because of me, then the little man was going to even the score for her and wake me up too. Justice for Jenny!

Just kidding.

I am more than happy to help out with the late night frights. Don't let my smart assedness about my snoring lead you to doubt that. Having been a regular recipient of nightmares when I was his age I will make it a priority to help him through his scares.

Still... sometimes his nightmares (and his sister's too) are just so damn funny. At around 3:00 this morning he knocked on the door and came in and hugged me saying he had a really bad dream. I asked him what the dream was about and he said, still sounding really scared, that a giant pepper with eyes had killed him.

I laughed. I couldn't help it. A giant pepper with eyes? What might his seven year old subconscious be trying to tell him with this? Stop eating salad? By morning he was laughing about it too, but at that time he was really scared so I felt pretty bad for chuckling. I gave him a hug and asked him what he would like to dream about when he went back to bed. The Easter Bunny was his answer. Not a bad idea. He's a smart kid.

At about quarter after four he was knocking on the door again. Poor little man! He said that every time he fell asleep he had another nightmare. He could remember five of them. Five nightmares in one night. That would have ruined me when I was his age. I tried to calm him down again and gave him another hug and then he went back to bed.

This morning when I got up he followed me down the stairs. He didn't want to sleep anymore. He said that after the last nightmare he had not gone back to sleep. He says stuff like that often, and usually you can tell that he was really asleep the whole time, but I asked him if he heard his mom wake up earlier and he said yes. He looked really tired and had huge bags under his eyes. I think this time he really did stay awake. From 4:20am-ish to about 6:30am he must have been laying in bed afraid to go back to sleep. I think he's going to be in for a rough day today. Maybe he'll be willing to go to bed a little early tonight... probably not though... would you have been willing to go to bed early on a Friday when you were seven? Nope, me neither.

This leads me to our plans for tonight. On Wednesday, the last time the Bruins played, we took a short walk to the park hear our house and hung out on the jungle gym equipment. The Bruins won that game... so maybe the park was the source of the good luck. Maybe if we don't go back to the park tonight they'll lose. So, back to the park it is! (assuming the weather continues to cooperate) After that hopefully we'll be able to catch the game. If the rest of the family really doesn't want to watch then I will hang out with them in the living room, listening to headphones. Or at least with an auto-updating scoreboard running somewhere.

I need the Bruins to win tonight. They simply aren't good enough to let Buffalo back into the series with a win. They have to put the hammer down now while they have the chance. If this series stretches on I am going to be very nervous about the outcome. Win tonight please!

I should probably make a quick update on the rest of the league... there is a rest of the league after all.

Philly ousted New Jersey last night which means I got at least one pick wrong. I didn't think the Flyers had it in them. Show's ya what I knows.

Pittsburgh had a chance to eliminate Ottawa last night and failed. They now lead the series three games to two. I still think the Penguins win this one.

Chicago and Nashville are tied at two games a piece, as are Colorado and San Jose. Still hoping for another San Jose choke.

Los Angeles and Vancouver, and Detroit and Phoenix are also tied at two games each. I think the Kings and the Coyotes are both going to pull off upsets.

That leaves the Capitals and the Canadiens. I hate the Canadiens almost as much as I hate the Yankees. Washington hasn't been the monstrously dominate team I thought they'd be, but they are up three games to one. Hopefully they will also close out their series tonight.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment