Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kind of a Let Down

Today is starting out as kind of a let down. After all the excitement yesterday of basking in the glow of the Bruins advancing in the playoffs, and getting Rush tickets, and going to the gym for the fourth day in a row and not feeling like I was going to die I don't know how today can match up.

To make matters worse when I woke up this morning I was sure it was Thursday. Then I realized we didn't have the kids, which meant last night wasn't Wednesday, which meant today wasn't Thursday, which meant today was actually Wednesday.

Bummer.

On the upside, as of today it's less than a month until our vacation. Also, in two days it will be Jenny and my 11th monthiversary. I'm on call this weekend so that sucks, and the week after is mother's day and we won't have the kids and that sucks too, but we're going to celebrate mother's day this Sunday instead and that's excellent. The kids and I are scheming a little. Just a little.

Tonight is the final night of the 1st round of the playoffs. Washington vs Montreal in game seven. I don't know who to root for. I want them both to lose.

My predictions for the 1st round sucked. I got Boston and Pittsburgh right in the East and Philly wrong. In the West I got San Jose, Detroit, and Vancouver wrong. If Washington wins tonight I will be 4-4. But if Washington wins tonight the Bruins won't have home ice in the 2nd round. Oh woe is me and my ridiculous picks.

I have a fat lip. It hurts. A lot. That's something else to add to the things that suck list. I have a beautiful wife who loves me as much as I love her. That's something to add to the things that don't suck list. I think that one should count more than once. Maybe a few billion times.

I still haven't had any caffeine. I think tomorrow marks three weeks. I'm sleeping much better and the random eye and finger twitches have gone away. The lack of coca~cola and the short work outs at the gym have conspired to cause me to lose a few pounds. That's on the things that don't suck list too.

How did I get into a things that suck/don't suck lists discussion anyway? This one is getting a little stream of consciousness here. Maybe I should start writing in second person, just to weird it up a little more.

You read about Robert's suck list and think he should shut the hell up because his things that don't suck list vastly outweighs his things that do suck list. You then click off of the page and go to something that actually holds your interest for more than 0.68 seconds and isn't totally stupid.

You think the second person voice is lame and the writer agrees with you.

Anyway.

Florida is approaching. Mother's Day is approaching. My birthday is approaching but we aren't going to talk about that tragedy, The 2nd round of the NHL playoffs is approaching, Rush is a looong way off still but it is approaching (and the word yesterday was that there would be two knew songs released just prior to the start of the tour. Nice!). Good things are happening. There's a few other things that I need to kick into gear so that I can add them to the don't suck list and I am going to do it, I just need a kick in my motivational ass.

Hear that motivation? I'm going to kick your ass into gear!

WOOHOO for Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment