Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Floyd Revisited

I hope the kids are okay today. We are only about 24 hours removed from their finding out that their cat Floyd was put down. I am unsure of how to handle it. If I get home and they are their usual energetic happy selves then should I mention it or should I let it slide? If they are bumbed out when I get home then I will totally know what to do. Hugging is something I am very good at. If any little person needs a hug then I am there for them.

I had a cat when I was little... too little to actually remember it. My brother had a hamster when I was in high school (I think) and we were sad when he died, but that isn't quite the same. Granted Floyd hadn't been living at the kids' dad's house for a year so maybe it won't affect them as much as it would have if it were one of their currently residing cats.

I'll just play it by ear I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment