Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lazy Saturday

Yesterday my step son was dismissed from school because he was sick. This morning he was still really sick. He threw up a bunch of times and was feeling miserable. As a result his mom declared Saturday to be a lazy, stay at home in our pajamas kinda day. She was wonderful and made him scrambled eggs for breakfast.

We watched the movie The Sandlot together. It was okay. I thought the dog was pretty funny. The my step daughter asked if she could pick the next movie and she picked... Mama Mia. So... Jenny went food shopping, my step son went to bed for a couple of hours, and I sat on the couch with Stephen King's Under the Dome, and a playlist on my iPhone that included all studio albums by Yes that include Steve Howe, Rick Wakeman, Jon Anderson, and Chris Squire. (that eliminates the ABWH record and Union, partly because Union just sucks. The listing included Fragile, Close to the Edge, Tales from Topographic Oceans, Going for the One, Tormato, and the studio portions of the two Keys to Ascension albums. I have been listening to nothing but Yes for a couple of weeks now. I haven't been this obsessed since high school. You're fascinated, I can tell.)

After his nap the little man felt much better. We watched Planet 51. I want The Rock to just go away now, thanks.

After dinner Jen and I made a tentative schedule for our week in Florida, including stopping points for the drives there and back. Nothing is set in stone. It's all still fluid, but it is making all four of us really, really, really want to leave right now. Right this second.

I think all Toyota owners who have either had their vehicles recalled or gotten into accidents due to the manufacturer's negligence should file a class action suit to stop them from running advertisements saying how wonderful they are. Toyota is not wonderful. They are selling entire lines of cars that should have failed their QC department and putting their customers in danger. They should be spending their entire advertising budget apologizing.

The Red Sox are beating the Royals... unlike last night (urgh) and I am feeling good for the first time since opening night. Please beat the Royals. Please?

Have I mentioned we are going to Disney in a few weeks? Have I mentioned that we want to get there Right Now?

RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment