Friday, November 30, 2012

Does the NHL Exist?

If a professional hockey league schedules a full season, and then doesn't show up... does it actually exist?  The professional hockey league, I mean.  The season that doesn't get played definitely doesn't exist, but does the league exist?  I pretty much suck at asking philosophical questions.

The NHL and the NHLPA went to a Federal mediator this week.  They had sessions on Wednesday and Thursday.  Is anyone who lives in a climate that experiences ice during the winter surprised that there was no resolution?  I read that during the last lockout (the one that erased the 2004-05 season) the two sides went to a Federal mediator as well, and the next thing to happen after those sessions failed was the cancellation of the season.  If my memory serves however, that was in February.  I think.  I don't think the cancellation is imminent now, but I want it to be.  I want them to cancel the damn season and just get it over with.  People on both sides keep saying that a deal could be done soon.  If that were the case then the deal would actually be getting done.  There are also people warning that this whole thing is an ownership conspiracy to cancel the games that happen during football season, when most teams don't do as well in terms of attendance and ratings.  That to me sounds like the dumbest thing imaginable, but given how stupid this whole thing has been it wouldn't surprise me if all of the turmoil magically ended in time for training camps to open just prior to the Super Bowl.

I hate them all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment