Tuesday, November 6, 2012

President Obama is the Projected Winner

All of the news networks are calling the election for President Obama.  I'm still awake only because I hope to hear Romney's concession speech.

I expected this to be an all night affair tonight.  I did not expect anyone to be projected at least until tomorrow, if not even later.  The polls had been so close.  Just a few weeks ago the polls were pointing to Romney taking it tonight.

I am very happy.  I could not even begin to imagine the damage that a Romney administration could have done to the civil rights of Americans.  Not me, I'm a white male, but for women and minorities and homosexuals and non-christians.  I could not even begin to imagine an administration that would blatantly ignore science and reality.

I am very happy about the results of this Presidential election.  I have to say that I am more happy about the results of the Massachusetts Congressional and Senate races.  The Republican leadership in Congress openly stated that their goal was to get President Obama out of office.  That was all they wanted to do.  They did not work for their constituents.  They did not try to make things better for those they represented.  They simply wanted to unseat the sitting President.  Now they are stuck with him for another four years, and my representatives are all on my side of the aisle.

I am happy.

My name is Robbie and I approve this blog post... although I did not proof read it and I am very sleepy, so who knows what it actually says.

Four more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment