Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Was That Too Easy?

I am still really surprised at how easy the win for the President was.  I don't mean to imply that it wasn't a brutal campaign on both sides, but I am talking more about how clearly the President won.  He took all of the battleground states except Florida, which last I heard was still counting but with President Obama in the lead.

I expected it to be much closer.  I expected much more back and forth as all of the precincts started reporting.  I expected a long night.  I did not expect the President to tweet, "four more years" before midnight.  It was a very interesting night.

The best part about it is we don't have to think about a Presidential election for a long while.  Next up for us in Massachusetts is the Governor's office in 2014.  Let's enjoy the quiet while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment