Thursday, October 4, 2012

MLB Playoffs Wild Card Play In Predictions

Once upon a time I was awesome at picking playoff match ups in baseball and kinda crappy at it in hockey.  Now it's the opposite, although the NHL is dead to me so it doesn't really matter.

So here are my totally irrational picks for the new first round of the MLB playoffs, the wild car play in games.

The first of the two games is tomorrow at 5:00pm Eastern time.  The St Louis Cardinals play the Atlanta Braves in Atlanta.  My heart wants me to pick the defending World Series Champion Cardinals.  My gut wants me to pick the Braves.  I don't know what to do.  Really, I don't know what to do.  Okay... so I will pick... ummm... the Cardinals.  Why?  Because they came through for me last year.  That's all.  I don't know enough about either team to chose logically, so I will chose St Louis as a thank you for last year.  Done.

The second game is tomorrow at 8:30pm Eastern time.  Exactly my step son's bedtime, so I guess he ain't watching any of this one, eh MLB?  Way to let television eliminate your fan base.  The Baltimore Orioles play the Texas Rangers in Texas.  The Orioles are going to win this one.  I hate the Orioles, but the Rangers are playing like crap (like Red Sox) right now and the O's will put them out of their misery.

There you have it, my idiotic fanboy based predictions of the Wild Card games.  I will hopefully have another predictions post on Saturday for the four Division series.

Go A's!

No comments:

Post a Comment